Wednesday, October 1, 2014

NEW VIDEOS COMING SOON

I was using Windows Movie Maker on Windows XP.  Now I am on a Windows 8.1 system.  I thought the new movie maker would not be able to do what I need it to do, so I downloaded the old movie maker. Windows Movie Maker 6.2
 
The old Movie Maker that can now be downloaded is not quite the same as the XP Movie Maker.  It does not output in 16:9 aspect ratio.  Hence the black box around my latest videos.
 
I looked around for a good free video editing.  I found LightWorks and it would take forever to do my slideshow style videos in it.
 
Then I found Pinnacle's VideoSpin and it too does not output in 16:9.  The paid for version does but the text looks all blurry in the free version so was hesitant to get paid for version.
 
I then decided to see what I could do with the Movie Maker that comes with Windows 8.1.
 
It turns out that I can do my videos with Windows 8.1 Movie Maker.
 
I have to learn to do some things different and there is a loss of the convenience of the old time line.  However it does output in 16:9 and the Titles and captions have some improvements and some quirks.  But the text looks good and I can do more with it when dealing with a busy and colorful background ( busy colorful backgrounds can make text hard to read)
 
I am working on a new video now in the new Movie Maker.

No comments:

Post a Comment